Monday, June 22, 2015

Reflective Posts

Reflective Essay

During my time taking Intro to Technology, I have had the opportunity to see different types of technological programs, I otherwise would not have experienced. During the class, there were interesting programs used, group class work that thought would be a bad experience but ended up positive, able to listen to fellow student’s opinions and outlook on different views of teaching and read about what we would be learning in the class textbook.

There are many programs available for people that I was unaware of and some I have heard of but never used. Prezi is a program that many of my friends have used but, I have always used power point. Wordle and bitstrips were great tools to add creativity to my assignments and added some enjoyment to what I was doing. I was able to use the tools and critique my experience with each lesson.

During the course I had the opportunity to work with fellow classmates on the group project where we had to make time to speak with each other and work together over the internet to complete the collaborative lesson plan. Each classmate was able to put in their own ideas and then mold the assignment as one project. It is one thing to call our fellow students but to use canvas, blogs, and google docs adds technology into the lesson planning.

During the class, I had to read the book in order to complete assignments. I am not a big reader but it was interesting to find out about what is expected and that teachers have assessments and different ways of using technology to instruct the students.

It has been a busy summer for me and I know the class is completed over a short period of time. The class is well laid out with the assignments, such as the blog post and the discussions. I have never known how to create a blog and now, I understand how to create a blog and add creativity to each post. This I feel should be continued because if I was unaware, then others would be too. In addition, I believe having discussions as a class is a great way to find out input from our fellow students to get different perspectives. Reading over the outcomes, I can relate to the assignments that we have done because they deal directly with what I have completed. It is not a broad spectrum but directly tells us what I will be accomplishing.

Creating an eportfolio is a great way to keep up with what I have done and will be doing in the future. It keeps everything together and easily accessible for future use. Passing knowledge is important to me and using technology has become a large part in that process. I feel that this class has been a valuable asset in taking that will help me further my education as I become a future educator.




Resources


Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment